Person-Centered Care and Counseling
Each individual requires a personalized approach to therapy. In sessions with your therapist, you can identify personal challenges, develop coping skills, and reach positive solutions.
We offer a range of counseling and therapeutic evidence-based practices, including but not limited to:
- Anger Management
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
- Cognitive Restructuring
- Couples Counseling
- Dialectical Behavioral Therapy
- Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR)
- Group Therapy
- Recovery-Oriented Cognitive Therapy (CT-R)
- Stress Management
- Trauma-Focused Therapy
How to Prepare for Therapy
To get the most from services, prepare with the following tips:
Write Down Ideas and Talking Points
It's common to think of topics but forget to address them. We encourage you to keep a notepad for thoughts, ideas, and talking points to bring to your appointments.
This is your time to work through a range of issues with the help of your therapist. It is not always going to be easy, and questions are encouraged. Your therapist and team are here for you and will answer any questions you have.
A positive attitude and an open mind will benefit you throughout your treatment. We encourage you to stay optimistic about your recovery and the outcomes you are striving toward.
If you feel you are not compatible with your therapist, speak up. Our Engagement Specialist will listen to your concerns and work toward resolutions. We will always do what we can to ensure your voice is heard.
Payment for Service
We accept most forms of insurance, including:
- Centene/Peach State
- Private/commercial insurance
Sliding Fee Scale
We serve all individuals regardless of ability to pay and offer a sliding fee scale to the uninsured or underinsured. Fees are determined by income or family size.
To qualify, please bring ONE of the following to your appointment:
- Wage statement from Department of Labor
- Two most recent pay stubs
- Documentation from Social Security
- Official documentation regarding your wages or inability to work
* Please note that payment or co-payment is expected at the time of service. Refusal to provide financial information or required payments may result in a disruption of services. If you are having trouble making payments contact us to work with you on a case-by-case basis.