What Is a Peer?
A peer is someone who has previously experienced or is currently experiencing a challenge similar to yours—someone you can identify with; someone whose journey sounds like yours.
What Does Peer Support Offer?
An opportunity to learn from one another and share the lessons you have learned along the way. In peer support, you can benefit from:
- Connecting with each other
- Gaining practical knowledge
- Providing emotional support
- Sharing stories
- Teaching helpful skills
Guided by a peer support specialist, peer support offers unique learning opportunities provided by people who “get it.”
Does Peer Support Help Promote Healing and Recovery?
Peer support can benefit those facing a mental health challenge or psychiatric disorder. Individuals gain insight from one another and have a peer support specialist to help them transition out of negative circumstances and into positive ones.
In peer support, individuals have access to role models, mentors, coaches, and advocates. They also have the opportunity to grow into those roles.
How to Get Started
Individuals must undergo an intake process at an outpatient clinic to begin accessing the peer support services at CSB of Middle Georgia. Appointments and walk-ins are accepted.
Payment for Service
We accept most forms of insurance, including:
- Centene/Peach State
- Private/commercial insurance
Sliding Fee Scale
We serve all individuals regardless of ability to pay and offer a sliding fee scale to the uninsured or underinsured. Fees are determined by income or family size.
To qualify, please bring ONE of the following to your appointment:
- Wage statement from Department of Labor
- Two most recent pay stubs
- Documentation from Social Security
- Official documentation regarding your wages or inability to work
* Please note that payment or co-payment is expected at the time of service. Refusal to provide financial information or required payments may result in a disruption of services. If you are having trouble making payments contact us to work with you on a case-by-case basis.